Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentine's Day

So how did we do for Valentine's Day? I'd say pretty good.
We had a great time AND we spent less than 15 dollars.

I didn't have the supplies to make cards so instead I made little heart bags 
(which I had everything on hand for) and attached notes to them. They got filled with homemade mini chocolate covered pretzels and hung in various spots around the house for Doug to find.


In the evening went on a family V-Day expedition:
 flying kites and a picnic in the park at sunset. 
We did spend around 7 dollars on new kites but I don't really feel guilty since we used a gift card to buy them (nice rationalizing, right?)





It was cold, but beautiful out and surprisingly stress-relieving.

After that we put the baby to sleep at Grandma and Grandpa's house so that Doug and I could go out alone, which hardly ever happens. 
We had planned on going star-gazing but it was too cloudy 
so we just went to Valley Forge Park and talked.

Sounds simple but it was one of the most wonderful evenings I've had in awhile.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you guys had a great day, as a family and just the two of you. Those valentines are very sweet, not to mention reusable for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice Mimi. Someday we may get to drop off the kids at Grandma and Grandpa's for Valentines Day too...

    ReplyDelete